Pages

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Week one of holiday's/ learning journey

Week one 
Activity 1: The First Settlers
first fact is : Maui brother's are greedy.
Second fact is: Some fish eat bloed of a human.
Threed fact is: The fish that maui court the fish that there grandmother gifted to them.





Activity 2: Setting Sail
Here is my short story/ letter.
Dear Friend
We had to move to a new country so I will have to send more letters like this one.
We have to explore the whole world we are just setting sail now but we'll be halfway around the world I hope you don't get to upset I am so scared to make new friends because we will not stay long at each place from your dear Friend Nevaeh.


Bonus Activity: Waka Ama
here is a link to a short clip
I will not want to be in Waka Ama race because
You have to race other people and someone has to win and there is a reason I don't want to do it because I want everyone one to feel like they won, but the group that won always over celebrates but I don't get why they can just go yay we won then go home and celebrate.

I HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD REST OR YOUR HOLIDAY I will blog tomorrow for day two of learning journey bye for today.



4 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Nevaeh,

    My name is Hazel, and I will be one of the people blogging with you this summer for the Summer Learning Journey. You might remember me from when I came to speak to you and your classmates a few weeks ago.

    You've made a great start to the Summer Learning Journey; well done! What a great idea to put all of the day 1 activities into one post. Remember, you can do the activities in any order that you like!

    I really enjoyed the letter that you wrote to your friend, imagining that you were on one of the first waka travelling to New Zealand. I thought it was nice that you commented on how your friend might be feeling; I'm sure that they would miss you a lot. How do you think that the first settlers would have felt when they finally reached Aotearoa?

    I can tell that you thought hard about what it would be like to be in a Waka Ama race. I understand your reasoning for not wanting to; it's a shame that someone would have to lose in order for you to win. Do you think that you would want to participate if it was only for fun?

    I am so excited to read more of your posts!

    Cheers,

    Hazel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nevaeh
    Siyona here for your class room
    great starting of the summer learning journey. Next time you should add some pichers and maby tell why are you posting these things. Blog you later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Siyona,

      It's Jade from Summer Learning Journey. I can see that you've been commenting on other students' blogs, that is fantastic! Keep up the good work.

      Jade C.

      Delete
  3. Morna Nevaeh

    Thanks for having me here on your blog. Clare from the Summer Learning Journey here, I teach in the Ako Hiko cluster and its great to see all the work you did in 2017. Great to read your blog post here on the SLJ.
    Are you enjoying doing the tasks?

    Don't forget you can post more activities to get more points and also you can make comments on others blogs to get points too.
    There are so many prizes that you can get by participating and also doing the tasks to a really high standard.
    Ill check in again to see how you are getting along, If you need any help with the activities lets me know.

    Clare

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about