Pages

Monday, December 17, 2018

SL.J 2018 Day One Activity One, Two and bonus.

Summer Learning Journey
Hi Boys and Girls Today is the first day of Summer Learning Journey here is what I have done Today:
here are some fun facts on New Zeland Here is where I got the facts 
Activity One, Day one the legends of New Zealand
1. The biggest City in New Zeland is  Auckland but our capatol is Wellington that is because the primister works there and the bee hive (it is not a real bee hive).

2. New Zealanders really like cars with 2.5 million cars for 4 million people making them one of the countries to have the highest car ownership rate in the world. Wow

3. Dairy farmers produce a whopping 100 kg of butter and 65kg of cheese each year for each person living in New Zealand. They are very hard workers.

Activity Two Day one North and South
My hometown
What is special about my hometown well here is a hole slide why my home town is so special to me:



here is the link I got one of the photos from 
 Hope you injoy the slide

Bonus activity Day one Ice, Ice Baby
Here is my postive online foot print


Thank you for reading my SL.J for today BYE.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nevaeh! It is a pleasure to finally meet you online. My name is Susie and I am a Blog Commenter who will be viewing your blogs throughout the Summer Learning Journey this year. I was a student teacher in primary schools until now but hopefully from next year I will be preparing to have my own class!
    I love to create art in ways such as painting, crafting and designing. Art has always been my favourite subject at school. I would love to know what yours is! Also, what do you like to do in your free time? What is your favourite food? I would love to get to know you a bit more in depth so please let me know!

    Well done on completing your very first set of activities for Day 1. I like how you have added your own opinions after each fact you have chosen to include in your answer. Can you tell me a little bit more about the bee hive you have mentioned? What is the building known for and who enters this building? And WOW! That is a lot of butter and milk.
    One of my favourite facts about New Zealand is that only 5% of NZ's population is human and the rest are animals. How mind-blowing is this?

    Your digital foot print is looking great! I can see that you have thought deeply about the private information that you should not be sharing online. It is our duty to create a safe online space for blogging & for communicating with others. Once used the right way, it can open many doors like it did for you and I!

    I am super excited to see much more of your blog posts Nevaeh. Let's make this summer a fun and exciting journey of ours!


    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like I cannot open the slides for your Activity #2 Nevaeh. Can you please double-check if the file has been uploaded and if the view setting has been changed to "anyone with a link can view"?

    Please visit the link below for instructions if you are not sure :)

    https://umsummerlearning.blogspot.com/2018/12/share-settings-we-want-to-see-your-work.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie Sorry about that I have but it on but I forgot to put it on so here it is thank you for commenting on my blog post I hope you injoy the slide when you get time to have a look.

      Delete
    2. Hi Nevaeh, thank you for changing the setting.

      I like how you have used an online tool to create a google slide. Remember that if you are using images that you have found online, you will need to attribute them on your blog. You can check out our image guidelines here:
      https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1VKjkMGwBrk2YI6Vtmg91OAQljr_T3ZSV6YZtu6MWFNM/edit?usp=sharing


      Christchurch must be an amazing city to live in! One of my favourite places in Christchurch is the Re:START container malls. Have you been there yet? I think it is just amazing what they have done with shipping containers, it is super creative.

      Let me know where your favourite place to visit in Christchurch is!

      Talk soon,

      Susie

      Delete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about