Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2019

In Science hurumanu this term we have done some really cool experiments.
We have done scone making, deciduous and evergreens, crystals etc.
My favourite experiment is to filter water. My group was Risha, Shreya, and Elisha Mae; we succeed in the filter experiment. The aim of this experiment was to make a filtration plant using household materials. We used stones, sand, water bottle, filter paper. When I did it at home, the filter paper did not work but it was still so much fun to make it at home. I also did the how to not let water freeze when it is in the freezer overnight.   


The grossest one would also be the filter water one that is because the water it was made out of coffee bean grinds, mud, dirty water (from a dirty puddle yuck) just some more gross liquids. The point of the filter was to make the water a little cleaner my groups was really clean well, not the cleanest but clean.       


People Smart
I can work successfully with others. Why I picked this one is because in science most of the time we work in pairs or groups. Most of the time my group was Elisha Mae, Shreya, Risha and me. We work very well together. We successfully did most of the activities in the time we are given.

Active Learner
I use feedback to improve my learning. Why I picked this one is because in my spare time I check my blog every now and then and read my comments to see if I have any feedback or feedforward to work on and that is apart of how I use feedback to improve my learning.

Learning Smart
I ask for help when I don’t understand what to do. Why I picked this one is because when I am stuck on what I or we are doing I will put my hand up and ask for another expansion of what I am up to.

Thinking Smart
I understand other’s opinions and ideas. Why I picked this one is because I let others put ideas in, not just have my ideas in the projects or in this case experiments.

Next time I would like to add more experiments but for now, it is plenty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about