Pages

Friday, March 8, 2019

Skittles The magic with in them

Skittles The magic with in them.

In week five We worked with Skittles (hard things to work with) (that was just a joke)

The Aim: To separate colours by using the process of chromatography.
Materials

1.Skittles
2. Water
3. Plate

Process:
Step 1 get you plate out 
Step 2 put your skittles around the plate   
Step 3 put about 1/2 cups of water on the plate  
Step 4 watch the magic happen.
Step 5 document what happens

My findings are:
Well the magic stated by the skittles colour started escaping the skittle and into the water.

What have I have learned from this well that the colours do not stay in the skittles.
and go in the water.
The colours for my group did not join together.
I think you should not but the together because they will look cool apart. 
Here is what my groups one looks like 
  HOPE YOU LIKE IT BYE BYE        
        

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora it's Kirsty from Gilberthorpe School. I really like the photos especially the skittles one. Thank you for making me want to do more experiments. Was this easy for you to do? If not why? Have you thought about doing a time lapse of the crystals growing? Anyway I have heaps more blogs to comment on, Blog you later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Nevaeh! It's Mikayla, your friend! How are you doing?
    This skittle magic is awesome! I love it! I like how the colours run in the water and that they don't blend. That's a bit confusing. Why wouldn't they blend?
    Anyway, this is a fantastic experiment. I think I saw something like this a while ago.
    Where did you find this experiment idea? I would love to know.
    Bye, Nevaeh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora, Nalanee & Stephanie here from Te Ropu Whakamanawa Gilberthorpe School,
    I think it's really cool and fascinating the way you did the skittles. Maybe next time you could re read the whole thing to make sure it makes sense,But still an amazing awesome post!
    from Nalane & Stephanie
    blog you later:)

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about