Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

SLJ Week One


SLJ Week one Activity 1,2 and bonus

Hello, Today's blog post will be on the summer learning journey.

Explorers

Activity 1: (Setting Sail)


 My ten food Items I would take to sail the ocean and there is no fridge or freezer.


1. food number one would be is a bunch of apples because it is pretty healthy to eat and much easier to carry around than some other foods you could take.

And all these images you see are from unsplash a web site were you can get free images of any kind.


2. food number two has to be another piece of fruit and that is bananas because you could get them in bunches plus this sailing was mostly sent in the old days and these could be found growing around nearly everywhere.


3. My third food would have to chips because they are in a bag so they won't go bad as fast as the fruit will.


4. My fourth food would be powdered milk because it would be nice to have some milk.


5. My fifth food would have to be boxed water 
to add to my powered milk so it can be milk.


6. My sixth food would have to be tined pineapple because it will always fresh when not opened.



7. My seventh food would have to be almonds because they are the top healthy nuts. 


8. My eighth food would have to be another nut and this nut pistachios it came second in the same thing as the almonds.


9. My ninth food would be a vegetable witch would be peas. peas are a yummy vegetable to eat as a snack to have.


10. then the final food would have to be...

pretzels it is also a good snack to have and it can be a good savoury and sweet to have after all the fruit and veg I have packed as well.

Activity 2 (Discovering Aotearoa)

My cultural background 



Where do I come from?

Where does my family come from?

 Some of my ancestors are from Paris/ France 

I am from New Zealand I have no real idea of where my family comes from.







Bonus Activity. 

(Scaling New Heights)

What I have to do for this activity is to read about a charity of my choice. And tell all of you about the charity I choose and why and some facts on what they do to help those in need of there help.



The charity I choose is The red cross 



I chose this charity because it is very helpful to other people in health and lots of other helpful things.

 Their mission in life helps improve others lives and they're not just doing it for them there doing it for others. Who knows they could help you out in your later life. If you have a spare dollar make sure you donate to the red cross. They even give you courses they have lots of different types of courses like outdoor emergency management, first aid for young children and first aid for childminders etc.

BYE 😁 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nevaeh,

    My name is Gabriel, and I am part of this year’s Summer Learning Journey team. I will be commenting on your amazing posts over the summer. It is such a wonderful experience to be able to read your blog. It’s great to see that you have started off strong!

    Awesome post :) I love how you have chosen such healthy food choices you would definitely have a great time on your boat!

    Pistachio nuts are a personal favourite of mine so its great to see those included on your list! Are they your favourite too?

    Great work on your blog! For some reason the formatting looks a little strange. Perhaps have a play with it and see if you can fix this :)
    I have attached a link to some different ways to layout your blog, this might help!
    https://sites.google.com/manaiakalani.org/manaiakalani-cybersmart/being-cybersmart/smart-learners/digital-learning-objects

    Looking forward to your next blog!

    Gabe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gabe,
      Yeah the format has been a bit weird lately.
      Yes pistachios are one of my favorites foods. Thank you for the web site link but it seems to be working. Thanks for the feedback anyways

      Nevaeh

      Delete
  2. Hi it is Angus from you school I like all the yummy food that you pick but I would not pick pretzels because they have salt on the which will make you want water
    BLOG YOU LATER!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about